Nike Women's Fitness 5K - June 2010

Nike Women's Fitness 5K - June 2010
Walked this course in 2009 - walked and partially ran the course in 2010.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Week Three Has Begun!

I did NOT want to do this today -- absolutely, positively did not want to get out and run -- it was cold, foggy, sprinkling rain -- I was tired, cranky, I overslept -- but guess what?  I got my butt up off the couch and got my running clothes on and I did it.  I ran the first day of Week 3.  I ran for 3 minutes without stopping, for the first time in my life! 

Week 3 involves a 5 minute walking warm-up, followed by 90 seconds of running, more walking, and then a 3 minute run, followed by 3 minutes of walking, then repeat - or something like that - I don't remember the exact order.  :0)  I really wasn't sure if I would be able to handle the 3 minute run -- as it happens, it comes on the worst hill in my daily route - figures, right? 

As I was coming near to the end of my run, the last 3 minutes of it before the cool-down walk, I felt a tap on my shoulder, and turned to see my husband had been running behind me, following me the whole run!  Scared the tar out of me!  I run in the mountains, alone -- and so I certainly wasn't expecting a tap on the shoulder at the end of my run!  Well, I guess it was a nice surprise :0)

So, I am proud of myself.  First, I got up and did the run, and second...I DID THE RUN! 

I feel hopeful that I might actually be able to finish the whole 9 week program!

No comments:

Post a Comment